Apparently, the last Friday Five was in November. Whoops…
1. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know it’s been a bad news week. Like many people, I’ve taken some comfort from the words of Mr Rogers (see above). Also, this excellent post about Boston on Bea; Running Into The Smoke.
2. This post by Matt Haig on writer’s neuroses is very good (and, sadly, very true).
3. Author and artist Terri Windling has written a series of thoughtful posts this week about fear and creativity. It’s something I battle with regularly and I particularly liked this post on courage. It includes a very apt quote from e.e. cummings:
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
4. I know this isn’t exactly new news, but it makes me so happy… Neil Gaiman’s The Ocean at the End of the Lane is out 18th June. Huzzah!
5. Since it’s Friday… Books and alcohol. No, I’m not describing my house*; Flavorwire lists 15 amazing book-filled bars. [Via CatherineCaffeinated]
[Image Credit: The Huffington Post]
* Not entirely.
love it says
I latex bed ratings indicate reading quite a lot of capabilities of latex, wool annd layers of latex while others are
formed as a one piece, dense latex product.
Good article. I’m going through a few of these issues as well..