I’ve sent the rewrite to my brilliant agent, had a relaxing day out with my Mum yesterday, it’s almost the weekend, and I’m feeling very grateful for my life. Happy Friday all!
1. Oh, my office, how I love thee. I love stepping out of the house and actually *going* to work. I love the peace and quiet. I love that I can surround myself with MY things. I love the fact that my overflowing desk, piles of paper and massive desktop PC are no longer in the bedroom. Happy sigh.
2. The beautiful ‘office-warming’ gifts that I’ve received from family and friends. Honestly, I have been utterly spoilt and I’m so touched. Thank you! Thank you!
3. I’m grateful for this mad urge to write things down, create things, make stuff up. Even on a bad day, there’s nothing else I’d rather be doing and that, in itself, is incredibly lucky.
4. I’m grateful that other people – far more talented and imaginative than I – have this same urge. Quite apart from my life-long love affair with books, books, and more books, I’m loving (adoring, worshipping) the new Doctor Who. Haven’t ever watched it? Haven’t tried the reboot? Never fear, you can just jump in, but if you want a guide author Joe Hill has compiled one here.
5. I’m grateful for my husband and children. Soppy? Yes. But truer than true.